Since our inception in 1996, Get Real’s product line has grown and with it the awareness and desire to practice environmental stewardship without compromising the quality of our products and finishes. While our products and finishes contribute points toward your Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) projects we also strive to develop new methods to help to improve our products and the environment.
Ways in which Get Real Surfaces has incorporated environmental stewardship into its products and practices:
- 95% of our raw materials for our precast products are produced and obtained locally, all within a 50-mile radius from our manufacturing facility in Poughkeepsie, NY.
- Our finishing process for all precast products consists of low or no Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) sealers.
- Our mold-making process for precast products utilizes 100% recycled plastics and reusable molds for our standard products.
- All concrete waste is sent to a local recycling facility to be incorporated into other uses.
- We utilize a water recycling system for the collection of cast off concrete sediments. This allows for the reclamation and re-use of the water and separation of the sediments for proper disposal.
- Our decorative trowel applied finishes, both concrete and plaster, are made of natural materials and are sealed with zero and low VOC sealers.
- For our decorative finish wall panels, we use 100% recovered and recycled fiber wood substrates that contain no-added urea formaldehyde.
- We use recycled glass and other items that can be cast into concrete to create a decorative finish.
- We offer Diamond Polishing and Staining of existing concrete floors. This option allows for reusing existing building materials.
Please download our Sustainable Products Reference Guide for further information.