Sustainability + LEED
Since our inception in 1996, Get Real’s product line has grown, and with it, the awareness and desire to practice environmental stewardship without compromising the quality of our products and finishes. The following are just a few of the ways we incorporate sustainable practices into our manufacturing processes:
- 95% of our raw materials for our precast products are produced and obtained locally, all within a 50-mile radius from our manufacturing facility in Poughkeepsie, NY.
- Our finishing process for all products consists of low or no Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) sealers.
- All concrete waste is sent to a local recycling facility to be incorporated into other uses.
- We utilize a water recycling system for the collection of cast off concrete sediments. This allows for the reclamation and re-use of the water and separation of the sediments for proper disposal.
- Our trowel-applied finishes, both concrete and plaster, are made of natural materials and are sealed with zero and low VOC sealers.
- We use recycled glass and other items that can be cast into concrete to create a decorative finish.
- We offer Diamond Polishing and Staining of existing concrete floors. This option allows for reusing existing building materials.
Many of our products and finishes can be used to obtain credits toward LEED certification. Having years of experience working with architects, developers, and contractors on LEED certified projects, we know that the LEED certification process is an important and time-sensitive part of the building process. We are always at the ready with detailed information about our production processes and materials and are happy to supply any information requested in a timely manner. Credits most often obtained through the use of our products and finishes include: Low-Emitting Materials, Regional Materials, Recycled Content, and Building Reuse.